Cash Food - Khomasrc
Cash/Food for Work (C/FFW)
- The programme aims at poverty reduction.
- Through the creation of short-term employment opportunities for the rural poor
- Through the creation and maintenance of fixed assets which the community can use to further their socio-economic development
- Through increased labour productivity
- Advocate for community labour based projects
- Enable community transformation from their vulnerable situation
- It targets the low income, unemployed, aiming for a minimum of 50% of participation of women at all levels.
- It provides participants with a benefit package which includes food or cash remunerations, project materials and an element of skill acquisition.
- Project adding to food self sufficiency(irrigation, aquaculture ponds, construction of food storage facilities , gardening etc)
- Livestock welfare (construction of Auction pen, de-bushing, construction of cordon fence etc)
- Environmental protection (rehabilitation of mine dumps, clearing of fire breaks, forestry works, paddocks fences etc)
- Provision of infrastructure( construction of kindergartens, construction of clinics and teacherâ€™s houses, VIP Latrines, earth road construction, earth dams, cleaning of settlements and villages etc)
- It targets the low income, unemployed, and underemployed, aiming for a minimum of 50% of participation of women at all levels.