Employment Scheme - Khomasrc
Rural Employment Scheme (RES)
- RES aims at creating short and long-term employment to unemployed rural residence.
- It provides financial, technical and material support
- Promote sustainable use of Natural Resources
- Promoting entrepreneurial development in rural areas which contribute to the country's economy.
- Available project is announced through appropriate media channel.
- Application are done on prescribed forms and are considered by the Constituency Development Committee.
- Approval is done by the Regional Council through a Regional Technical Committee.
- Rural Business Development-build the capacity of rural communities to provide them with alternative livelihoods opportunities.
- Capacity Development-provide the necessary training, mentoring and coaching, while incorporating the promotion and marketing of products and services.
- Monitoring and evaluation- is jointly done by the Ministry of Urban and Rural Development and the Regional Council to ensure successful implementation.
- All previously disadvantaged Namibians residing in rural areas
- Rural communities
- Community based organisation ( including Cooperatives).
- Micro, Small and Medium enterprises.
- Grass harvesting
- Tourism related activities
- Inland fishing and aquaculture project
- Leather work
- Poultry projects
- Gardening projects
- Brick making projects
- Fire wood/charcoal production
- Any other income generating projects promoting sustainable use of natural resources.